This is the original recipe, but I change it to match our tastes.
I omit the cilantro and only use a small jalapeno.
By Gina Rae Vinson on August 11, 2006
About This Recipe
"Slightly sweet, not too spicy. Serve with tortilla chips. Print copies of this recipe, people always ask for it!"
o 1 yellow bell peppers
o 1 orange bell peppers
o 1 red bell peppers
o 2 jalapeno peppers
o 1 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas
o 1 (15 ounce) cans black beans
o 1 (11 ounce) cans white shoepeg corn
o 1 (16 ounce) bottles Italian dressing
o 4 roma tomatoes
o 1 bunch cilantro
1. Remove membranes and seeds from peppers.
2. Dice peppers and place in a large plastic bowl (jalapenos should be finely chopped).
3. Drain and rinse the black beans, blackeye peas, and shoepeg corn and add to peppers.
4. Add italian dressing and stir well.
5. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 8 hours.
7. Dice roma tomatoes and cilantro and stir into mixture.
8. Serve with tortilla chips.